Saturday, October 9, 2010

Loving the view from cloud 9

Oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Braves just made me so proud! When we were down 4-1 going into the 7th, I've got to admit I was getting a little concerned. Then, WAM BAM, THANK YOU MA'AM to tie it up in the 8th. It took 11 innings, but the Braves and Giants are now tied 1-1 in the 5-game series. Whew! I wish I could articulate how excited I am right now. It's funny because I'm so wound up that I don't even feel tired! It's so similar (yet different) from last night.

So, the Braves lost a very uneventful 1-0 game last night (Thursday...it's Friday in my mind right now). I mean, I think there were seven total hits between both teams and it was basically a pitchers' duel, although Lincecomb definitely outpitched Lowe. Anyway, I was just perturbed because of the umpire's botched call that kept a runner on base -- that particular runner being the only player who scored in the entire game. I literally was up in the night having a conniption fit over it. When I woke up this morning, it was the first thing that crossed my mind. Now, though, that junk is chump change. CHUMP CHANGE! AHH!

SUNDAY CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH! I am exerting so much energy right now.

Well, yesterday (Thursday) was a really great day, despite the game. I received a comment on my blog that made my entire day, if not my whole week. It's incredible that something simple can make a big difference to someone. I find myself feeling so inspired this week. It's odd to imagine the 'woe is me' person I was on Monday when I feel so invincible now.

This morning I saw my cousin (BH) before her appointment with the CF doctor. We went to IHOP and I had a really great breakfast. PANCAKES! I was feeling so appreciative that I left a gigantic tip. Now, I know it's not really generosity if you feel like you need attention for it, but I am trying to illustrate that happiness/positivity really does have a snowball effect.

What else? My sinuses are causing pain in places I've never had it before, such as directly behind my eyeballs and in my cheekbones. I can truly say that I am looking forward to my surgery. RELIEF IS ON THE WAY!

Gosh, I need to chill out. It is 2:00 a.m. I'm going to try to get to sleep, I guess. Tomorrow's gonna be an alarm-free day. Oh, and I think I'll exercise.

LET'S! GO! BRAVES!

No comments:

Post a Comment