Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mi migraine

To give a quick update since I've fallen off the planet...

I got placed in a room yesterday afternoon, got a PICC line, started on IV antibiotics, etc. I also spent the evening watching the Braves LOSE, but at least I did it with two good friends. My arm was in a lot of pain from the PICC line, so laughing was traumatizing, but I still had a great time. As sad as I am that the Braves are out of the playoffs, we'd been hanging by a thread for far too long. Now I can look forward to 2011 with optimism and a new manager - Fredi Gonzalez.

Did I get to mention yet how much fun I had on Sunday night? Despite the Braves' loss, I was so happy to be a Braves fan. Turner Field was out of control, and I wish it could be like that all the time. We were tomahawk chopping left and right, and I just couldn't have asked for a more memorable evening. Yes, I could have asked for a win, but oh well...

Today was not a very good day. I woke up with the worst headache I've ever had. Unfortunately it wasn't going away, either. I thought it might have been from one of the IV antibiotics I had just finished, but the headache stuck around. I took a Percocet and it didn't help. I then took Tylenol and that didn't really help. Finally, around lunchtime, they started giving me legitimate migraine medicine, and it knocked me out for most of the afternoon/evening. I guess I officially experienced a migraine. Thankfully the pain is very dull right now. I wonder if it was caused by the antibiotics or what...

I've been lucky to have some visitors, and have several folks coming by tomorrow. Today I got some steak nachos from Willy's. AWESOME!

Good night to all...

1 comment:

  1. Where is my Braves game shout out? And what about our photo shoot?? ;)
    -Claire

    ReplyDelete