Wednesday, October 6, 2010

How things change again...

I am in totaaaaaaaally different spirits than I was on Monday, so get excited, y'all!

First, to give you an update, the rodent has been eRATicated. Last night when I got home from work I noticed a fly. Now, I remember doing a double-take, thinking that I'd never seen a fly in my house in two years. The fly was dying on the floor, so I went to the library and to Publix. Well, that's not why I went those places, but anyway... After my errands, I walked back in and saw a few more flies buzz by. At this point, with my malfunctioning nose, I decided (in my mind) that I smelled something. My roommate was not here to borrow her sense of smell, so I called my uncle. He came over, looked under the dishwasher (where I'd convinced myself the smell was), and said, "Your suspicions are confirmed." He then extracted the carcass. THIS IS A RAT-FREE ENVIRONMENT. Ugh, the weight of the dead rat in a grocery bag made me nauseous.

Speaking of nauseous, the Phillies pitched a no-hitter tonight. I'm hopeful that they've now blown their wad too early and will completely flop. Rather than smack-talking, I should probably just say that I'm way excited to watch the Braves tomorrow. My boss has even given me permission to wear Braves attire to work, so it's gonna be a great day! GO TEAM!

I've totally digested and accepted the hospital news, so that's just chump change to me at this point. Do y'all know what chump change is? I've always used that saying, especially with my family. I Googled it and there were results, so I guess I'm not crazy.

I know I sound totally soapboxish, but it's amazing what can happen when you spend your time on positive things. I had a related email conversation with a friend (SW) today, and it really is incredible the difference it can make. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Drew,

    Best of luck to you in your upcoming hospital stay and surgery. I was alerted to your blog after seeing you post about it on the cysticfibrosis.com website. I often check it out to see how you are doing. My son, who is just a little over one year old, has CF. He has the same mutations as you (you had mentioned yours on the other website at one time or another). Anyway, all the best to you. You serve as an inspiration to me and my family.

    ReplyDelete