Sunday, October 17, 2010

Vrooooom. Vroooooom.

First and foremost, sorry for the delay. I don't actually think that people care that much, but I do realize that this is how most people have been keeping up with the hospitalization/surgery, so I figured I ought to break the silence.

Well, I got out of the hospital on Friday at around noon. I was having mixed feelings about it, as I usually do when I'm leaving the hospital. I don't exactly know what causes me to feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster when I'm hospitalized. In a way, the hospital setting is relieving because you get a free pass to feel however you want to feel. At the same time, though, I've noticed that the hospital breeds pity parties, which isn't something that interests me. Anyway, I said all of that to say that the last few days have carried with them many ups and downs - fluctuations that seemed acceptable in the hospital, but are a little harder to carry back into real life.

When we left the hospital, my mom and I went to a few different pharmacies trying to get a handle on the prescriptions that I needed. By the time we got home, I was wiped out and took a nap while my amazing mom went to the grocery store to get me some things. My IV medications got delivered Friday evening and the nurse came by to make sure I had everything under control. I wasn't quite feeling up to being alone, so my mom spent the night with me. We slept on the couches and I was very thankful to have her company.

I sat around a lot on Saturday. We got up and my mom headed back to her house. I took my plethora of medications. Then I sat outside writing for a little bit. I was in a very 'deep' mood, and that has continued into today. Then I took another nap (I'm good at that lately) and my mom came back and took me to my parents' house. It was good to spend one more night with company. My mom and I made a quick stop by my grandmother's house on the way here this afternoon.

I had some visitors today. Two friends from the theatre stopped by (LG and EG), and it was good to talk creative with them. We talked about creative endeavors, but we also talked about life, so I was in hog heaven. PLUS, they brought me some queso from Willy's. AWESOME! Anyway, I really enjoyed their company; it got my creative juices flowing. Another friend (JM) also stopped by for a bit, and I continued my philosophical discussions with her. It's days like today when I remember how fortunate I am to know such caring people.

Tomorrow will be my first would-be-workday at home. I think my brother plans to come by WITH HIS DOG!, so that will be fun. I'm hoping this post-hospital funk has almost passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment