Thursday, May 14, 2009

What a day!!!

Well, today was a grand success if I've ever seen one. First off, I got up at regular time and worked from home for several hours. Then, I used some comp time to relax for the afternoon. I feel like I accomplished a lot.

I went and picked up my new license plate for my car, so that's nice. A part of me was hoping to get some really cool letter and number combination, so there was some slight disappointment when it looked like any old license plate, but I can't win them all. I got 50% of the letters from my first name and 67% of the numbers from my month/date birthday, so that's success. Yes, I realize that it's dorky that I have already thought about this, but this is why I will beat you at nearly any puzzle or game show. In that case, I can win them all.

Then, I went to the gas station and grocery store. It was adventurous going through the grocery store during the day because there were lots of elderly folks blocking the aisles. It's okay, though, because I considered the trip to be a speedy success. I spent $40, which is good for me, because I usually end up at the checkout with hardly anything. I didn't get anything exciting, with the exception of oyster crackers. Gosh, those are great.

I came home and my uncle hooked me up with his TiVo. That's exciting because maybe I can start working on my New Year's resolution, which was to start watching more television. I have failed miserably so far. I recorded my first TV show tonight - The Office. I look forward to trying to figure out how to watch it. My uncle and I also hit up Coldstone, where I got the traditional watermelon sorbet with gummy bears. It was incredible!

Finally, I have saved the best news for last... I have been fundraising for the Great Strides CF walk that takes place on Saturday morning. Today, I exceeded my personal fundraising goal of $5,000, so I am very happy to have met it despite getting off to a slow start! I have had the support of many amazing people and seeing the progress brings me tears of joy. I won't be able to thank folks enough when CF finally stands for Cure Found. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment