Monday, May 25, 2009

Wake up, go to the bathroom, go to prison

So, I was looking at www.ajc.com today and found myself laughing hysterically at a quotation in one of the articles. The article was about T.I. and his farewell concert before his 101-day prison stint. Here is what Kue Brower, a producer for T.I.’s opening act Southern Comfort, said in the paper:

“Prison - that’s not even a question,” he said. “Going to prison is like waking up in the morning. It happens to everybody.”

SERIOUSLY?!?! I mean, how many mornings have you literally woken up and thought today might be the day that you do something that lands you in prison?! Really? It 'happens' to everybody. It's kind of like the woman who said her son was in the wrong place at the wrong time when he chose to kill someone. WHAT?! It's not like going to prison is one of those inevitable life changes you encounter... ya know, one of those completely external circumstances that you find yourself facing.

Tomorrow is the day back to work after a holiday weekend. That's always a tough one. I am working on figuring some things out, though, so my life is heading on the up-and-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment