Friday, May 22, 2009

Immersion

HAPPY FRIDAY. It's the Friday before a holiday weekend. Heck yes! I am in the process of getting caffeinated. It would be so awesome if people didn't need sleep. I love sleeping, but being tired sucks.

I check the weather all the time and I have no idea why. It's not like it matters what the weather is like when I am sitting inside. Maybe checking the weather becomes an obsession when there isn't a window in sight. Or perhaps I'm just a fool.

So, I heard something kinda cute on the way to work this morning. Someone on the radio said this little bit of wisdom: "A smile is a curve that sets everything straight." How adorable is that! It makes me think about how great it is when you find yourself laughing at something in your head. I have found myself doing that a lot lately. Not in a psychotic way, but in a smiling-on-the-inside kinda way.

Oh yeah - So, I just glanced at what I had already titled this and realized I hadn't talked about that yet. Anyways, I am reading a cool book titled Standing at Water's Edge. It's about creativity and it's really interesting so far. It kind of helps dissect the creative process and the thought processes of creators. It is about how people enter into states of creative immersion through different hobbies, relationships, etc. I know this is heavy thinking for a Friday morning, but I want to read more of it, so I figured I'd yap about it for a moment.

Time to focus. Peace out, player-haters.

No comments:

Post a Comment