Friday, May 22, 2009

Accidents galore

So, let's talk about something crazy. I was driving home from work and nearing the exit ramp for Roswell Road. I was stopped and glanced in my rearview mirror to see a car rearend the car behind me. It scared me and my heart started pounding so I pulled over to make sure I hadn't been hit as well. The three of us were on the side of the road looking at the damage and my car had not been affected.

As we are looking out into the interstate, I see something ugly about to happen. Another car was stopped on the exit ramp and a car came barreling towards it at about 40 miles per hour. I felt the air from the impact about 10 yards away from me. Pieces of car went airborn and I swear my heart stopped. The three of us from the first collision were all standing there in shock, as this literally happened right before our eyes.

At this point, there are six cars on the side of the road and we are all in states of shock, waiting for the police to arrive. I debated about leaving, but didn't want to leave since I had now witnessed two car accidents. Just when I thought it was over, I heard a screech, turned my head, and witnessed a third car accident about fifteen yards away.

I was seriously speechless. It is still surreal to me. When the cops came, I was freed to go since there were enough people who said there was no debate about what had happened in any of the accidents. Oh man! I can't even believe it.

Then, on a sad note, a friend was in a car accident in which two people were killed. Thankfully he is okay, but it was just so overwhelming. So many lives seemed to flash right before eyes. I guess it goes to show you that anything can happen at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment