Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Subconscious mind

Let me just tell you how powerful your subconscious mind is. Well, how powerful mine is. I know I sound like a psychobabbling buffoon right now, but get this... In my last post, I mentioned working on my book and how I knew the answer would come to me soon. Well, as I was laying down for bed that night, it hit me like a ton of bricks. There's still some significant ironing out to do, but I spent three hours transforming it tonight. I am feeling super-relieved and excited, although it's a major change from my original concept. Looking back, I have no idea how this didn't come to me sooner!

New Year's Eve is just around the corner and, per usual, I am not a fan of the holiday. There's so much hype about going out and doing something crazy and fun when it's truly no different than any other night of the year. The good news is that a friend called yesterday and made a last-minute plan to come to town, so I am excited! I haven't seen her since May and we always have a grand ol' time together!

I exercised yesterday and today. Yesterday I did the elliptical at work and today I did a combintion of the treadmill and the gangster elliptical we have at the fitness center. I'm satisfied with my dedication, especially after all of the holiday laziness. I'm hoping to make it three straight days tomorrow! No excuses because I'm working from home tomorrow, but we get off at 3:00 p.m. anyway for the holidays.

I haven't had much of an appetite the last few days. Maybe I ate myself out of commission over the holidays or something. I haven't really gotten hungry and haven't enjoyed eating as much as usual. I had Chili's for lunch yesterday and Mexican today and didn't finish the meals I typically wolf down. Odd!

I did my vest for about an hour and a half yesterday. That's one of my biggest resolutions for 2010, although I haven't started writing them down yet. I plan to, though, because I definitely believe in the power of writing things down and holding myself accountable.

Today I am just rambling like I'm an expert on random topics, when in all actuality I just feel like being on a pedestal for no reason. Perhaps I'll stop and go to sleep instead. Sounds like a compromise!

No comments:

Post a Comment