Saturday, December 12, 2009

Best Invisible Design Award

So, I didn't win the Bah Humbug category in the door-decorating contest at work, but my boss and I won the Best Invisible Design Award. I must say I'm pretty pleased. The door we envisioned was definitely awesome, so I'm glad we were recognized accordingly.

Our holiday party and work was fun, and I ate entirely too much. We had one of my all-time favorites, which are cheese straws. Good grief, those are awesome. I also had a variety of other things... little sandwiches, dip, quiche, cake, etc. I could have eaten myself into a coma, but I stopped when I was reasonably stuffed, so that was a good exercise of self-control on my part.

After the holiday party, I broke my personal rule and went to the library. I'm not supposed to be reading until I finish writing my book, but I had to turn in a few books and figured I'd go ahead and get some others. I've already started reading one of them and I really enjoy it so far. I need to work out some kind of compromise with myself so that I can continue to read, but also continue to make forward progress on my book.

Yesterday was a nice day to work from home. It was cold out, so I stayed comfortably in bed and worked on my laptop. As has become Friday tradition, I had lunch at El Toro, so that was the perfect mid-day break. Last night, Claire and I watched some television, ate some Chick-fil-A, and played some Jenga. Wild night!

Well, today I got up and exercised. My back has been bothering me lately, so I walked on the treadmill on an incline. I would have liked to have done something vigorous, but it was a good workout anyway... plus, I got to read a good chunk of the book I shouldn't be reading.

I'm about to head to Taco Mac to meet two work people before going to a concert tonight. The concert is this male a capella group, and it's supposed to be good. I'm excited to see what it's all about! I think they do singing as well as skits, so I look forward to being entertained.

I'm tired, so I hope a second wind is about to kick in.... WOOOHOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment