Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bulletproof

Well, the week hasn't improved much since Monday, but the good news is that I am alive and surviving. I somehow feel like switching from 2009 to 2010 will make me feel refreshed, although that's kind of crazy and unrealistic. Oh well... Maybe the two shortened workweeks will give me some time to take it easy. I don't think I'm going to take any days off; I prefer to hoard my vacation days.

Yesterday I got one of my favorite compliments of all-time... I was told I am bulletproof. Now, I realize that could be backhanded if said in the wrong context, but I was very flattered to hear it. I think I have gotten much more bulletproof over the last year or so. Can't nobody stop me!

Today I went to Target and got two Christmas gifts for people on my list. I think they'll like them... primarily because I was given direct instructions and no additional options. Merry Christmas! I also picked up two prescriptions, so I made a whole trip out of it. As much as I love Target, I hate shopping in general, so I'm pleased I made it through the experience without getting too angry.

Tonight at improv we didn't actually rehearse, which was probably in my best interest. I don't know what's up with me this week, but I haven't felt this wound up and unfocused in quite a while. Tomorrow should be a relaxing night if all goes as planned to be worthless. Then, I'm at the theatre Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. So I'm bracing myself for a busy weekend.

I exercised yesterday and today...round of applause. Yesterday I really kicked it into high gear and did a combination of sprints and the Stairmaster. I got riled up enough that it was difficult to go to bed. That's probably a better exercise routine for waking up rather than winding down. Today I just did the elliptical at work, so I didn't get myself into hardcore mode. Oh well, I still got in some quality exercise.

My eyes are telling me it's bedtime, so perhaps I'll listen. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment