Monday, December 14, 2009

One of those days

Today was one of those days. It was one of those days where, no matter what I did, I couldn't get in a good mood. Maybe it was the fact that it was Monday, that I was tired, that the weather was dreary, that the holiday stress is upon me... I don't know. But all I can say is that I am so happy to be in this bed of mine ready to hit the hay.

Well, I have yet to do any Christmas shopping and I realize that in two hours it will only be ten days away. I'm not sure where the time has gone, but it seems like I've lived in a vacuum all year; the time escapes me and I can't seem to track it down. While I enjoy the holidays, I also find them particularly draining. There's so much preparation to do, things to wrap up at work, etc.

I haven't yet decided what days I'm going to take off for the rest of the year. I was toying with the idea of not taking off any - We get off the 24th, 25th, 31st, and 1st. However, I think I'm going to go absolutely insane if I don't do something more. I may try to telecommute a bit since my typical telecommute day (Friday) falls on two of the vacation days.

Today was our division-wide holiday party. I wasn't sure what to expect, so I can't really say whether or not it met my expectations. I was hoping there might be some adult beverages and what not, but what can I say... the budget doesn't support it. Blaaaaaaaaaaah.

Well, I had improv tonight and, after the events of the day, you can imagine that I wasn't exactly in the mood to try to entertain. In fact, if I could have done anything, I would have come home and been antisocial, probably falling asleep by 8:00 p.m. However, I toughed it out and, in summation, I didn't perform as horrendously as I thought I could.

Time to finally do what I've been dreaming of all day.....SLEEP. Tomorrow will definitely be better than today. Pessimistic Patty signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment