Tuesday, September 28, 2010

There's no place like home

First things first - I thought about backdating this post, but I didn't. Either way, this is solely about my Saturday and a teensy bit about my Sunday.

Well, homecoming weekend was a BLAST! Even though I sometimes complain about the things I have to sacrifice to work on the weekends, commencement and homecoming are always a lot of fun.

On Saturday morning, I worked at a movie screening of a film produced by an alumnus from the Class of 1990. Unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the film, but it seemed like it was a big hit. I also got to chat with the filmmaker, Mark Goffman. I need to send him a follow-up email for something work-related. Anyway, that was pretty awesome. I'm bummed I didn't get to see the movie, but it's called Dumbstruck, so remember that you heard it here first.

Then I walked all over creation running errands for people. Next up: working the Indigo Girls concert. I was at the wristband tent, so I pretty much awkwardly looked at IDs. Thankfully I don't think anyone tried to pull a fast one on me. If they did, congratulations. I got to sip on a few beers while I worked, so of course that made the sweltering heat more bearable. My biggest accomplishment of the afternoon was helping a lost child reunite with her parents. She was a tiny little thing - probably about two years old. She said her name was "Maggie" between sobs. She said her last name was "Care Bear." I think she was lying to me, but we found her parents regardless.

It was then time for the PARTAAAAAY! I worked with SG at the Class of 1990 reunion. Talk about some party animals! By the time all was said and done, they had close to 200 people in attendance, which was LOADS more than (almost all of) the other reunions. Those folks liked to drink! Even though they were a rowdy bunch, I wouldn't have had it any other way. I had a ton of fun and was thoroughly amused throughout the entire night! I didn't get home until close to 1:00 a.m., but I enjoyed every minute of it...except walking to the car on tired feet.

Sunday was pretty much a day of relaxation - a day of frustration with the Braves and jubilation with the Falcons. It was rainy, too, which made it much easier to lay around being useless. Anyway, it was the perfect end to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment