Saturday, September 11, 2010

If I could turn back time

Don't you wish I would stop quoting songs in my post titles?

I just got home from working my last crew shift of September. Now, that's technically a slight fabrication because I think I'll be helping out at a [repeat] graduation show on the 21st. Either way, it feels good to have that out of the way early in the month. That means I have some full-fledged weekends ahead of me! And, when I say "weekends," I mean "one weekend" because I have to work at homecoming on the weekend of the 24th. I trained someone on lights tonight. I'm not sure how successful I was at training because there was only one show and he didn't really get to practice, but he seemed to get it - the light bulb seemed to go off for him. HAAAAA!

Last night's show (I guess two nights ago now) was a lot of fun! The piano guy was sick, so we had to do it musicianless! That was a first. I played Repeat Scene Direction (masculine, nerdy ninja, schizophrenic), Foreign-Dubbed Soap Opera, Remote Control Styles, ABC Buzzer Cooking Show, and Helping Hands Oscar. It was so much fun! The crowd wasn't gigantic by any means, but they were really supportive and it seemed like everyone in the cast had a blast. It was such a great end to a somewhat stressful [mass-emailing] day. For the first time ever, a patron told me she laughed so hard she cried. SUCCESS!

Today I swam some laps during lunch. I've been soooo horrible at exercising lately and decided I'd give it a whirl today. It was enjoyable, even though I didn't swim all that much. Tomorrow I plan to run for a while. I'm kind of in that chicken-versus-egg-not-working-out-because-I'm-too-tired-but-tired-because-I'm-not-working-out scenario. Time to correct that JUNK!

Tomorrow I have a friend leading a team (SW) at the Great Strides walk at the University of West Georgia. I am so thankful to have an extension of Drew's Crew -- Drew's Crew Two -- representing at the walk tomorrow. I was hoping to make it, but should have requested off from the theatre in advance. I feel loved even though I am supporting from a distance.

Bedtime for me. I'm exhausted. Even though this week was short, it was JAM-PACKED! I got my CT scan done Thursday, but haven't heard back from the doctor. I'm eager to get that sinus surgery on the books.

Good night, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment