Friday, September 24, 2010

Been tryin' to get down...

to the heart of the matter. Tonight's song is "The Heart of the Matter" by Don Henley. There's no secret meaning to that - it just got stuck in my head because of a random conversation earlier.

So, where did the week go? I don't even know.

Well, I do know that on Tuesday night I worked a graduation show at the theatre. I was on lights, which meant I was in charge of recording the DVD. Now, this was nerve racking considering this show was only happening because it was a redo of a show that did not record several weeks ago. However, the recording was successful! I had a really fun time working in the booth during the show, and then went out with a couple friends (JR, TO) for a few beers afterwards.

Wednesday one of my greatest fears came true... kinda. My friend (AM) called after she got off work - she lives in Virginia. We were chatting as I made my way down to Midtown to do a little work before rehearsal. Out of nowhere, she was in mid-sentence, and she said, "Whoa, whoa, whoaaaaa." Then, I just heard crashing, much like when you're in a restaurant and a server drops a tray. She was like, "I just got hit. I gotta go." Thankfully I could tell it wasn't too horrible because she sounded relatively calm. Either way, it scared the living daylights out of me. I've always had this unrealistic fear that I would hear something like that happen.

Last night I attended the 10-year anniversary party of the house where we work. I was supposed to be working at the registration table, but we had plenty of people, so I pretty much got to mingle and sip on cocktails. When my shift technically ended, I decided to rush down to Midtown to see my friend's (JR) first show as an apprentice. Man, it was so fun to be in the audience without any obligations! The show was awesome and I was thoroughly amused.

It's Homecoming, so I have to work pretty much all day tomorrow. I start at a movie screening at 10:30 a.m. and will basically work until midnight. I know it will be fun because it typically is, but MAN, that's a long day. I'm working at the Indigo Girls concert after the movie screening and then I head to the Class of 1990 reunion. I've got a big day ahead of me!

I have nothing to say about the Braves. NOTHING.

Well, I'm starting to get impatient waiting for sinus surgery. I have headaches pretty much all the time now. Two weeks to go!

I worked out today, so I am proud of myself. I haven't felt like it much lately with my head feeling the way it does, but I'm glad I went. I plan to exercise tomorrow morning before I head over to campus for my slew of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment