Sunday, August 1, 2010

The clock on the wall

I'm at home and in my own bed. Sometimes I forget how much I love my own bed until I go without it. I'm getting ready to try for an early night's sleep since it's back-to-work tomorrow. I'm not sure why I've been having sleeping problems lately. I feel like my mind has been going faster than usual; it's probably just trying to keep up with everything. Usually I'm a champion at sleeping, so I'm assuming the last week has been a fluke.

The beach is a great place for thinking. There were a lot of things on my mind, including what I want to do next. When I say "next," I'm not even really sure what I mean. I was just kinda thinking of what's up on the agenda, and I feel like I'm on the verge of some exciting things. I know I sound really vague and borderline nutty, but I just feel very appreciative of life right now.

When I got home tonight, I noticed that the main clock on the wall downstairs had stopped. It was simply ticking the same second over and over again, and it kinda reiterated all of the things I was thinking throughout the weekend. Time isn't standing still, but I often feel like I am.

Tomorrow I have rehearsal at 7:00 p.m. and will then come home and cry at the Bachelorette season finale. I'm in Thursday's show, so I'll be looking forward to that all week. It looks like a group has pre-purchased 70 tickets, so that should be a fun show. AWESOME!

Time for bed. I'm going to get up and exercise before work. I haven't exercised in an entire week. I can't tell you the last time I went so long between workouts. PUMP UP THE JAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment