Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hmmmmmph

I am blanking on what to even say. I think that means that I'm either tired or that my life is uneventful.

Congrats to me for working out. I got up and exercised before work. I consider this a pretty big feat since I ended up backing out on Monday. I did about 30 minutes of cardio this morning, so I felt pretty accomplished before I headed to work.

I ate Willy's for lunch with the Tuesday crew.

Well, I went by the lab today to get some bloodwork done and to pick up my new 24-hour urine collection jug. Doesn't it seem like I get blood drawn every five seconds? It sure does to me. Today only took two sticks, so that was relieving. It was funny because they were all like, "Oooh, it's 'Dotson.'" I am a Laboratory Celebrity - a Celaboratory. Hey, that's close to "celebratory." Anyway, the endocrinologist saw some abnormal levels on previous my lab tests, so I was doing a few repeats today to make sure I'm screwed up.

I took a journey to Publix tonight. I got more of my new favorite thing - CHERRIES! Last week I was in a meeting and people were eating an unusual-looking fruit. Coincidentally, people had been eating them at the hospital meeting a few weeks ago, and I meant to Google images of fruit so I could figure out what they were. Well, it turns out they were cherries! I tried one and LOVED THEM! I got some when we were down at the beach and got a big ol' bag tonight. I think I could get carried away. CHERRIED AWAY! Can you see my enthusiasm?

There was a drunk guy in the Publix parking lot. He stumbled out of the liquor store and was cussing about how Applebee's wouldn't serve him (it's in the same shopping center). For one of few times in my life, I was glad I looked like a pre-teen because he didn't try to ask me to get him alcohol. However, he did look at me and give me a friendly smile and greeting. He actually seemed like a really caring person. It kind of made me sad. He was a good-looking, 50-something man and it just made me want to learn about him. I'm well aware that interviewing him would not have been a good idea, but it just kinda made me wonder about his story. The words "his story" are basically "history." Do you think there's a connection?

Okay, this is what happens when my day wasn't eventful. I just ramble about random things and pretty much let you in on the thoughts inside my head.

Happy Wednesday almost!

One last thing - The Bachelorette season finale was last night. She was down to Prince Charming and Prince Not-Quite-As-Charming-But-More-Real. I was really hoping the latter would win, but he didn't. I really admired him because, having lost his mom less than two years ago, he was really focused on quality of time versus quantity. I think that's very important.

That was my last hoorah for the night.

1 comment: