Wednesday, August 11, 2010

If I knew what I was doin'...

I'd be doin' it right now. GEEZ! I love that song. It's called "I'm In" by Keith Urban.

Today was a surprisingly good day! After yesterday's shenanigans and weirdness, I didn't expect to have such a good day. The telecommuting helped in a major way. It's nice to escape from human interaction every now and then.

Here's the big news of the day, though... At lunchtime, I decided I'd take a stab at exercising. I didn't feel up to it, but I forced myself to do it anyway. Well, guess what I did?! I ran 3.2 miles without ever stopping at all. Not a foot on the side of the treadmill or anything! It really surprised me because, with the breathing issues I've been having, I didn't know I could accomplish that. However, no matter what my body was telling me, I told myself to keep trucking along. I consider this a big accomplishment; it reset my mind to where it needed to be. I'm hoping these are the first steps on my road to recovery.

I had an orange mango smoothie from Starbucks for semi-dinner. Thank you, favor-doer!

We had rehearsal tonight. I had to go downtown early to handle some fundraiser-related stuff for the event at the theatre next week. Rehearsal was neat because it was different than usual. We did some stuff I'd never seen/done before, so that kept it interesting.

Tomorrow is THURSDAY! And I'm off work FRIDAY! I am pretty stinkin' stoked!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better! I'm very impressed at your run, too. I couldn't run 1/2 a mile without stopping, I bet. :-)

    ReplyDelete