Monday, February 1, 2010

Robot

Well, it is waaaaaaaaay past my bedtime, but I just got home from rehearsal a few minutes ago. Tonight didn't go so hot for me; I think a lot of it had to do with my being tired. We worked on straight scenes tonight, meaning they were based purely on acting and not so much on games and funniness. Anyway, I was tired and it was tough for me to make emotional connections, hence the title of 'robot.'

Today was the best Monday I've had in a while, so that's good news. I honestly think a big part of it has to do with the fact that I successfully executed the pre-work workout. Sleeping in my gym clothes left me with few excuses, so I woke up and headed straight to the fitness center before reality could set in... I took an old-school portable CD player with me and a few unmarked CDs, so that made for constant surprises. I jogged a mile first. Then I did sprints for a mile. Finally, I hopped on the stairmaster for a fast-paced climb for about another eight minutes. It all only totaled about 30 minutes, but it was pretty high intensity the entire time.

Work wasn't too shabby today, either... It was the first day in a while that I was able to keep my head above water. I accomplished many lower-priority things that always get overshadowed by other time-sensitive things. Tomorrow we have a FOUR HOUR meeting that begins at 9:00 a.m., so it looks like it might be a Starbucks morning.

Ooh, I went to Marshalls between work and improv. I got two things that I'm kind of excited about: 1) a water bottle, and 2) a household decoration. The water bottle is aluminum and is black with little peace signs on it. I got it because I really need to start drinking more water for many reasons. I figured if I had a cute water bottle, maybe I'd be more tempted to take it places. Not so much for status purposes, but more because I just paid for it and should use it. Then, the household decoration is a little wooden sign that I've placed on my dresser. I first noticed a star on it, which is what originally DREW me to it. It reads: "It is never too late to be what you might have become." That really resonates with me because I have always had a lot of big dreams and sometimes need to be reminded that I can still accomplish things.

Speaking of accomplishing things, no, I haven't made any worthwhile progress on my book lately. A friend suggested that I take a break from it for a bit, and I do believe that it will help relieve some pressure and hopefully generate some new energy.

Well, I'm looking forward to my improv show on Thursday night. I can't wait for the adrenaline rush and the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for your show either!! Sanks and I are going to come and cheer loudly. And make out in the front row. LOL. Just kidding. Maybe. :-)

    ReplyDelete