Saturday, February 6, 2010

Goldilocks

Mmmm, I am more tired than I should be at 9:10 p.m. on a Saturday. Oh well.

This morning I got up a little after 8:00 a.m. because there was a lot of loud banging outside. It sounded like someone was knocking on our door, but that wasn't the case. I'm still not sure what it was, but it was obnoxious enough to prevent me from going back to sleep. That wasn't too completely horrible, though, because I wanted to get up and exercise before I went to get my hair did.

I went to the fitness center and got in a pretty good workout this morning. I did a combination of jogging, stairing, and sprinting. I think my workout totaled almost 40 minutes, so that felt worthwhile. I forgot to mention (I think) that I got up and worked out before work on Wednesday. So, this was the best week I've had fitness-wise in quite some time. I think it helped me maintain my sanity despite the week's activities.

Then I headed to get my new hairdo. I ended up getting....drumroll....goldenish highlights and about an inch cut off. The color is pretty. I don't know that other people will notice it as much as I do, but it feels pretty drastic to me; I think because that was the longest I'd gone in quite some time without having done anything color-wise. I'm trying to get used to it. The cut looks super-cute with a lot of body, though. I wish the hairstyler could fix it for me every morning because I don't know that I'll be able to replicate it. Anyway, I think the color makes me look a bit warmer.

After my hair appointment, I met my friend at IHOP! Yes, I sound like an IHOP fanatic, but in all actuality, last weekend was the first time I'd gone since I went with this same friend last year. I got the pancake platter with bacon, as I did last weekend, and it was just as good. We talked about a variety of topics, and she gave me some much-needed reassurance on my book.

I had every intention of working on my book tonight, but it seems like it just wasn't in the cards. Ha! I've actually been trying to keep my eyes open for several hours, so I haven't had quite the energy I'd like in order to write. I wish I had a drill sergeant here making me get things accomplished. Oh well. This blog is an accomplishment, even though it's a bit worthless and uneventful.

The Super Bowl is tomorrow. It's funny because I just really haven't followed football much this year. Ever since the Falcons decided to lose all of their games, I kind of lost interest. Plus, my schedule has gotten significantly busier lately, so I quit spending my Sundays watching football. Anyway, I don't know if I'll watch the game or not. It's pretty late on a Sunday night considering how long Monday will be (We have late rehearsal again). So, we'll see what happens tomorrow... Man, I've gotten old.

Well, maybe I'll force myself to contribute something to my book before I go to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Photos of the new "do"? Go you on the workout. Do you use a heart rate monitor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No photos yet... I'm still making amends with it!

    Nope, I don't use a heart rate monitor, but I hear they are great. Do you use one?

    ReplyDelete