Sunday, January 31, 2010

Close your eyes, make a wish

BED. TIME. FOR. DREWDLE.

So, I've probably mentioned before how funny it is when I get called Mr. Dotson in waiting rooms and things like that. If I haven't mentioned it, it's funny. I agree that I, too, would assume someone named Drew was male, but it can be pretty entertaining. For example, today I checked my mail and had an envelope from the American Diabetes Association. I guess they gave me a gift for making a donation to them. I got address labels that say "Mr. Drew E. Dotson." Now, I've gotten misprinted address labels like this all the time. However, this time is funnier than usual because the labels have motorcycles and cars on them. It's just hilarious because I bet the labels for women have make-up or something on them. I can't wait to use these to send things to people. They are straight-up MAN labels.

I have had a weekend of good eats. I had IHOP yesterday morning and it was pretty incredible. Then, last night, I went and ate Mexican food with my friend from the neighborhood. We were feeling a little like some dessert afterwards, so we went to Seasons 52 and I had a keylime pie shooter. Deeelicious!

Tonight I went to dinner with a good friend (Hi!) from high school. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and it was delicious. I have a tough time with their menu since it's like 53 pages, but I found a gem! I got orange chicken, which was very similar to sweet and sour chicken and oh, so delicious. I am excited to eat the rest for lunch tomorrow! We also shared a caramel turtle cheesecake and it was good, too! Mmmm, CALORIES! Anyway, it was great to catch up; it was one of those friends I don't see nearly enough.

I'm assuming improv rehearsal is late tomorrow since this week's emcee teaches class from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. The 9:00 to 11:00 p.m. rehearsals are kind of exhausting because Mondays are hard anyway, but oh well. I'll survive. It just means it's not possible to get eight hours of sleep on Monday nights. I took an Ambien to ensure that I get a good night's sleep tonight. It's funny how obsessed with sleep I am now because it used to be of no concern to me... until I realized that sleeping helps keep me healthy. Oh, the things we learn when we become geriatric.

Well, I worked out both days this weekend and my goal is to get up and run before work tomorrow. I bet the exercise could give me some extra energy for what is shaping up to be a long day. Plus, exercising just makes me feel good and I'd like to start off the week on a positive note. Goooooo, me! I already have my gym clothes on so I should have no excuses when the alarm goes off. Happy sleeping to all!

1 comment:

  1. Dear grammar buff - THANK YOU. I'm gaining weight as I read your blog and I too have on my workout clothes but its dark now so.....tomorrow's another day. HOpe you slept/sleep well and thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete