Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Jaaaaaaaaaava chip

Sunday was a success... First, I walked 3 miles on the treadmill while reading. Then, some apprentices met for Korean food and then we stopped by Baskin Robbins to enjoy some good old-fashioned dessert. When I got back from that gathering, my fraaaaaaand came over to help film more of my fundraising video. This time we got video of me doing mainly non-treatmenty things, like brushing my teeth, getting in my car, etc. We also went over to the fitness center and got video of me running on the treadmill. I ran about a mile in the time that I was being filmed and then realized afterwards: 'Hey, I just ran on the treadmill and it didn't hurt my SC joint once.' So, I was really excited! As far as the video goes, I can't wait to see how it comes along. I'm ready to start fundraising BIG-TIME! (Then we ate Mexican food!)

Monday I got up for work and was just lagging big-time. I dont know what's gotten into me, but I have just been feeling so run-down. I started feeling progressively worse on Sunday and, knowing that I'd been outside a decent bit, I decided to look up the pollen counts. Believe it or not, they were high, so I attributed some of the sneezing and itchiness to that. Monday I felt so weak. Things that are usually effortless required significant determination. So, I was a little concerned considering my show on Thursday, which I've been looking forward to for what feels like FOREVER!

Rehearsal on Monday night went well, but when I got up this morning, I just couldn't go to work. I ended up working from home in bed all day. I didn't feel nearly as weak as the day progressed. It was nice to get to be immobile and minimize the stress and distraction. By the end of the work day, I was feeling pretty good and pretty confident that maybe I wasn't catching anything after all. So, I went up to the fitness center to try to destroy anything that could be plaguing me. Much to my surprise, I ran three miles and walked one. I stopped at each mile point and got some water because I was feeling dehydrated, but I was pretty pleased. Again, no pain in the SC joint! Somebody might be unstoppable!

This evening I did my vest for a little while. I also finished up the letters that I was writing for the CFF. I hope they are on-target. I was pretty pleased with them and rewarded myself with a little bowl of java chip ice cream. I was holding that over my head as a bribe, knowing that it would motivate me to seal the deal on the letters. I want projects like that to be so unbelievably phenomenal that I tend to drag them longer than I should... thinking I'll have a revelation, etc.

Anyway, today was a big success. Tomorrow's Wednesday and then Thursday? It's showtime!!!!

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmm, tasty! hope you're feeling better and better!

    ReplyDelete