Monday, January 25, 2010

The eagle has landed

HAPPY MONDAY MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aren't I enthusiastic?!?! I'm creating enthusiasm right now...

So, yesterday was a pretty awesome day, if I must say so myself. It was the most productive day I've had in a long time. Remember how I wasn't going to set my alarm? Well, I forgot that it was set from Saturday. Sooooooo, when it woke me up at 10:44 a.m., I was pretty disappointed, but that was definitely enough sleep for a tyke like myself.

First I cleaned my room because, BOY, did it need it?! Not only did I clean up everything scattered throughout the floor, but I actually cleaned off my bed for once. It's usually incredible how much stuff I have on my bed when I'm going to sleep. I usually sleep in strange directions that make the junk at the end of the bed irrelevant, but I even cleaned off the bed and could have stretched all the way out if I had chosen to last night.

I washed all of my dirty clothes and even my sheets, so I'm feeling like I've got a wardrobe to chose from today.

At almost 1:00 p.m., I sat down to force myself to work on my book. I went downstairs and sat on the couch with my laptop, with the goal that I would at least do something - whether it was revising, helping bridge sections, etc. Well, I ended up working on it until about 5:30 p.m. with hardly any distractions. I basically worked on making things clearer for a reader other than myself, and I got through about half of it. SUCCESS! I was feeling pretty inspired because a friend's invigoration was contagious.

After working hard all afternoon, I went to meet two long-term friends for Mexican... Imagine that! It was POURING outside, so the roads were flooding a little bit. When we got to the restaurant, there wasn't any parking nearby, so we had to run inside while trying to stay as dry as possible. Of course I had on these slip-on canvas shoes with no socks, so there were some puddles I simply could not make it through if I didn't want to be up to my ankles in water. So, right there before I crossed the street, I took off my shoes and ran barefooted all the way to the restaurant. When we got inside, my feet were so cold that I could barely feel them. Oh, the things we do for Mexican food! Anyway, dinner was fun and it was nice to catch up!

Well, it's the start of another busy week. I'm speaking at a CF Foundation event on Wednesday, so I'm excited about that. Off to start my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment