Sunday, January 10, 2010

And then you're on your very first date

So, are there ever song lyrics that you sing wrong every single time? You know that they're wrong, but you can't seem to stop singing what you once accidentally thought they were... Well, that's how I am with a line in Taylor Swift's song "Fifteen." It's the lyric that says, "And then you're on your very first date and he's got a car." For some reason, every time I say "and he's got a gun." It makes the song better, really. "And then you're on your very first date and he's got a gun." Oooh, what happens next?

Well, what a week it was... and I can't believe a new one is starting.

On Tuesday I went to work and then came home and watched Georgia Tech lose and disappoint me. I mean, they just didn't seem to have considered the fact that the other team had almost six weeks to prepare for their offense. Anyway, it was pretty upsetting, but oh well. I had a good time watching it, mainly because I ate some jalapeno poppers.

Wednesday I had improv, but we had a work call rather than rehearsing. So, I carried some stuff around that ended up irritating my first rib. It was also absolutely freezing outside, so that didn't help my cause. I was glad to get home relatively early, though, because I wanted a good night's sleep for my first apprentice show on Thursday.

I woke up Thursday super-excited about my show. However, as the day progressed and the talk of wintry weather increased, I began to worry that my show might get canceled. Well, I didn't have to worry too long because it was indeed called off. So, I came home from work and my roommate and I went to get ice cream at the grocery store as it was beginning to snow. It ended up snowing a decent amount and freezing over, so that makes everyone in Atlanta lose their minds.

Friday work was canceled due to the snow, so that was a nice perk. I pretty much had a lazy day until it was time to go work at the theatre. Claire and I met for El Toro before my shift. Then, we went to the shoe store and I got some cute plaid boots. I was surprised at the size of the crowd at the theatre on Friday considering the slick mess outside.

Last night, I went to a going away party for a friend that's moving to Israel for an intensive Arabic study. It was a lot of fun and I'm going to miss her, but I admire her so much for following her passion. We ended up staying out until almost 3:00 a.m. PARTAY! A server told me I looked like Lo from The Hills. I have also been told I look like Kristen and Lauren from The Hills, so I'm confused.

Finally, today - I had about 300 pictures taken of me, so that was fun. One of my friends from work enjoys photography and I just so happen to need a headshot for improv, so I stood out smiling in the freezing cold. It was pretty fun!

I'm hoping to spend the remainder of my day working on my book, but I wanted to update my blog before I got started on that. Or else I would use it as a reason not to be focused. I can't wait to enjoy the lazy rest of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment