Monday, January 3, 2011

Hi, 2011.

I feel like the appropriate thing to do would be to write some sort of commemorative blog about my year in review or something along those lines. However, "appropriate" really isn't my style, so I'm just going to go for a more stream-of-consciousness approach.

AM and I had a fun weekend! We ended up going out with some friends on New Year's Eve, but didn't do anything extravagant. We kept it low-key at a local bar and had fun. We spent most of New Year's Day trying to decide what to eat, which resulted in a quick (after four hours of deliberating) run to a local Chinese takeout place. Throughout this sweet and sour journey, the paparazzi photographed me trying to find a menu I'd thrown away.



Desperate times call for desperate measures. Clearly.

Oh! Saturday night I performed in an improv show - 1/1/11! I had a blast and played Sit Stand Lean Oscar, ABC Buzzer Holiday Story, Emo Interview (straight), and Remote Control Styles. The audience was great and the cast was a lot of fun. Hooray to kicking off the new year with improv!

I'm in denial about the fact that I'm about to go into the office. You know I LOVE returning to work after an abnormal holiday schedule.

So, I've set some resolutions for myself, but they're relatively simple. I'm mainly working on developing some better habits, which will hopefully be facilitated by my Habit Streak app. Yes, I have become that phone person. Anyway, I'm trying to develop better habits as far as exercising, writing, lung health, organization, and overall well-being, so we'll see how it all shakes out. I like the feeling of a new year; it gives me a sense of freedom even though it's really no different than the week before. What gives?!

Happy 2011! Let's make it a swell one!

No comments:

Post a Comment