Friday, April 29, 2011

Onions have layers

It appears to be bedtime. Yes, it's about 9:37 on a Friday night and I'm calling it quits. My tiredness from the week has finally caught up to me.

So, as I suggested in the tiny post on Tuesday, I had an amazing birthday. I have just felt so supported over the recent weeks, and my birthday took the cake. HAAA! Birthday pun. Anyway, as I believe I'd mentioned, I set a goal to raise $2,500 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation on my birthday. Well, Drew's Crew ended up raising about $4,000 in a 24-hour period instead. I can't even begin to explain how incredible that felt.

I ended up treating myself to a massage on my birthday. I don't ever do anything like that, so it was awesome to do something pamper-esque. It's funny because my massage therapist said that my back was like a brick wall. She said she usually tells people to drink a bottle of water after the massage, but she recommended I drink a gallon. It's hard to believe, but I'm still extremely sore from it; I feel good, though! I felt like I was on another planet for a few hours after the massage. I guess I'm quite the toxin machine.

Me, AH, KW, and my mom went to El Azteca for my birthday dinner and the lady brought me a tequila shot. I took a sip and poured the rest into my margarita while the fire in my mouth died down. After dinner we headed down to the Fox to see Shrek the Musical. It was so much fun! I absolutely loved it and would recommend it to anyone. I love Donkey!

I am about to doze off, so I will do a brief summary of the rest of the week...
Wednesday: Cortisone and tornadoes (sending thoughts to everyone affected)
Thursday: Termite chemicals and margaritas
Friday: Target and Oreo cheesecake

I finally had my white powdered donuts for breakfast this morning. I feel intense satisfaction after having had that craving for a few months.

1 comment:

  1. Not so sure that termite chemicals and margaritas mix so well, but the massage sounds fantastic! Glad to hear you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete