Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mmmm, curdle

Yep, I'm back.

Well, tonight I'm sitting at home and I should have been working a reunion at work and, currently, I should be out watching an improv show to celebrate my roommate's birthday. However, I find myself about to doze off, which is good. I haven't been feeling too hot this week.

That's kind of the perfect segue to tell the unfortunate series of events that went down last Saturday. It went a little something like this: I enjoyed a few beers at the Braves game with friends (KQ and BB). Then, BB and I headed to the Inman Park Festival to meet up with some other friends (ERR and crew). We walked around and found ourselves at a pub. After a few beers, people suggested a birthday shot. I explained that I don't really do shots, so they were going to pick something simple and delicious. Well, I received the shot (which looked like some kind of liqueur-based thing, take a sip of it, and notice there are chunks in it. Trying to be appreciative, I take another sip and then decide that there's no way this looks right. So, I asked the people at the table and they said that it looked curdled and not to drink anymore.

Fast-forward a little while later and I am projectile vomiting all over Atlanta. Locations included: outside of a bathroom in a pub, on myself, in someone's car, in a gas station parking lot, in a BP, and on my bathroom floor. The count for the night was about 20, and I still feel sick to my stomach every now and then. Today, every time I even took a sip of anything, my stomach cramped up. It was ROUGH.

What else happened this week? Operation: Get Rid of the Office Termites.

I sold a lot of benefit show tickets, but you can get yours here: http://www.cff.org/great_strides/laughtilyoucough.

I performed improv on Cinco de Mayo and, despite it being Cinco de Muerto, the show was fun. I did a straight scene, female stereotypes, Hip or Not, and Oscar Musical Funeral. Between the termite chemicals and the curdled milk, I wasn't at my prime, but I still had a good time. And made a rhyme! Hop on pop!

I'm about to go to sleep in hopes of feeling almost 100 percent tomorrow. My stomach is cooperating right now, but I'm also not consuming anything. I have a long day of work ahead of me.

In other news... I! AM! INSPIRED!

No comments:

Post a Comment