Thursday, April 2, 2009

Nutrition Log

So, I am participating in this study testing salt loss in the sweat of individuals with CF when exercising. Was that confusing? Anyways, as part of the study, I am supposed to keep a nutrition log of what I eat for the three days prior to the second half of the study. Well, I am nearing the end of my second day of logging what I eat.

Have you ever written down what you're eating? Man, it's eye-opening. These evaluators are going to think I must be a total headcase. Of course I've been at events both afternoons/evenings of my first two days. So, after coffee in the morning, they will see that I ate jelly beans yesterday and gummy bears today. Then, I've had the same exact sub sandwich for lunch both days (half yesterday and half today).

However, since I have been at little 'cocktailish' events, I have had very unusual eating patterns. I could see them being concerned that I have been drinking alcoholic beverages at 5:00 p.m. and 2:55 p.m. on a weekday. Hopefully they'll be able to infer that my dinner last night of 3 baby quiches, 2 tiny turkey sandwich squares, 8 cheese cubes, 1 cucumber sushi roll and 1 two-bite brownie was not a meal I prepared for myself.

There are days that I do eat somewhat legitimate meals, but of course I don't have to keep a mandatory log on a day that I look like a civil human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment