Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I will guard and protect your heart

That title is from last night's episode of the Bachelorette. All of the girls (almost all!) at the beach house watched together last night while enjoying glasses of wine. We decided to use "rose," "weatherman," and "here for the right reason" as drinking keywords. It was a lot of fun. I think I need to apply to be on there. I would be so ruthless.

In breaking news, my roommate called last night to let me know that a large branch has fallen on my car. WOOOHOOO! She was unsure as to whether or not there was damage, but I guess there's nothing I can do about it now... kind of like the regrettable decision to book on Spirit.

The other night I played Apples to Apples for the first time. I always thought it sounded a little questionable, but it was so much fun! I can't explain it, but I promise that you'd have to be a real loser to not like it. Take that! I think we're going to play it tonight.

The weather in Florida is very, very hot. It's weird because the sunlight was so much more direct in the Dominican, but the breeze there was much stronger. I can hardly stand to be outside here. Plus, I'm not really in the mood to go in the water to get bitten by a shark. I'm not having the best luck lately. I did find my first shark's tooth yesterday, followed by five more.

My cousin Becca and I went for a run yesterday and it was 98 degrees outside. WOW! We ran about 1.5 miles because it was entirely too hot. I am glad to have gone out and gotten some exercise, though.

I wrote all of that early this morning and then got interrupted and didn't finish.

I had my first hint of good luck today! Some of the guys have been trying to catch fish, sharks, etc. I literally caught a fish in the ocean on my first cast. My total for the day was five fish. Everyone was pretty impressed and a little envious. My dad acted as my caddie. We might get up early and try to catch some sharks before sunrise. WATCH ME GO! All of my fish were pretty small (6-10 inches), but they were really cute. I am satisfied.

I guess we're about to start getting dinner in the works, so I'm outta here.

1 comment:

  1. Apples to Apples rocks and I almost fell out of my seat when I read the title post....that show drives me nuts yet I can't shake it.

    ReplyDelete