Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mmmm, lame

I guess I should go ahead and let this cat out of the bag...

Today I had my first car accident. YAY! I have the spot closest to the exit gate at my condo complex. Soooo, at high-traffic times of day, it's always tricky trying to back out. Someone's often waiting for the gate to open, whipping around the corner in a hurry, etc. I was leaving for improv rehearsal tonight and saw a car come around the corner towards the gate. The car went through and I started to back out when another car came pulling around the corner and we collided. Given that I was backing out, it would seem to be my fault. We'll see what they say, but I don't think it's technically anyone's 'fault' since it was in a parking lot on private property.

There are a few things that make me sad about this experience:
1) I really wanted to be in tomorrow's show, but I'm not eligible anymore.
2) I am a perfectionist and am ashamed at the thought of a car accident.
3) With all of the financial shenanigans between Spirit and my laptop (have I mentioned that?), I just really don't want another thing to handle.
4) It makes me feel like a failure in some way.

I know I'm being entirely too hard on myself regarding a fender bender. I mean - I'm okay, there is minimal damage to my car, I have the means to pay for any deductible, etc. I keep reminding myself of something a wise person said: "That's why it's called an 'accident.'"

Tomorrow's a new day. There are much more important things in this world than worrying about something so silly. I just wish it was easier to convince myself of that. I know that I'll have to make phone calls tomorrow and don't want one other thing on my plate. None of us do, huh?

Sorry to be such a downer, but I feel like I just got home and have another ordeal to resolve. Isn't it ironic that I was just commenting about how everything seemed to be looking up? Blah. If I didn't say that life was good, I was definitely thinking it.

Anyway, forget about me. Please send any positive energy you can muster up to my friend KM.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the fender bender. Someone hit my car when I was parked one day and didn't leave a note. This was in April and I STILL haven't gotten around to getting it fixed. I've been busy, but no one's THAT busy. It's just really draining for some reason. I'm thinking of you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Boooo
    2) I know what you mean, but if it makes you feel any better: I've been in 4 accidents (plus one "Baby Jesus Dodging Incident" which resulted in damage to my car), and 3 of them (plus said incident) were my fault. You're doing WAY better than I am!
    3) MAN DO I HEAR THAT! Did you see the thing I posted on Charity's FB wall the other day? "I did three things yesterday! Now I have to do MORE things?!?! It's like the things never stop!!!" I feel your pain.
    4) YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE IN ANY WAY. You just had some seriously crappy luck. Unless I am failure for not winning the lottery, you are not a failure for this.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete