Friday, June 18, 2010

Heel!

Well, the time at the beach is ticking away... Only about 15 hours left before making the journey back to Atlanta. While I am sad to be heading back, there is some mild comfort in the thought of returning to regular life. I've gotten entirely too spoiled in these last few weeks.

I got a splinter the other day and finally got it extracted today. It was actually a sliver of a shell in my heel. Several family members worked on it today, and my uncle finally removed it with a needle and magnifying glass. Is that gross? My heel was bleeding, but now I think I'm back to normal. There's still a little wound, but it appears that the shell is gone.

I got a little pouch to hold my Nike sportband sensor. I found it at the outlet mall and it only cost $2.97. I can't wait to try it when I get home, although I'm hoping my SC joint will be feeling a bit better by then. It has been such a mess on this entire trip, especially on the airplane. I literally thought it was going to explode on the flight to Jacksonville.

The beach house numbers are dwindling. We have had 15 different people here and are now down to a mere seven. It's nice that it's getting quiet (and that I'll get to sleep in a bed!), but I did enjoy visiting with everyone. And playing Apples to Apples!

Tomorrow I'm riding back with my grandmother, uncle and mom. We plan to leave at around 11:00 a.m., and I can't remember how long the ride takes. I'm going to be relieved to have some alone time. It's been so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment