Sunday, June 14, 2009

Welcome to Atlanta

Well, I just got home from the beach today. I went to Ponte Vedra for the annual family shenanigans. We had a great time. It was relatively calm. The highlights were probably when my grandmother threatened to take me out of her will during a game of dominoes and when I had an allergic reaction to sunscreen.

The sunscreen incident put a damper on the final day of the trip. I had been using sunscreen every day and used a different tube on the last day. After a short time out in the sun, I started feeling like I was getting stabbed by needles. It progressively started getting worse. My mom and I were on a walk and I started twitching like a crackhead. I came in and tried to scrub it all off, but the damage was done.

They went to the store and got Benadryl for me and I spent the evening doped up on that while they went to church. Thankfully, they picked up some Benadryl anti-itch gel on the way home from church and I was able to discontinue my crackhead spasms. I am still Benadryled right now and am going to keep this gel handy tonight.

I just stubbed the silly out of my toes. Two of them parted ways on the foot of my bed. That caused me to collapse and bang the silly out of my knee on the frame. I am a failure!

Anyways, I know it's early, but I'm about to try to go to sleep. I threw my sleeping patterns off at the beach - staying up until 11:00 p.m. and what not! I've gotta get rested up for the week back at work...

No comments:

Post a Comment