Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Strawberries and creme

Heeeeeelllllllllllllllllo. Today was swell. I felt pretty honored today at Willy's. When I walked in, they literally fixed my order without even having to speak to me. That's called dedication. I was a little confused at the checkout because another guy goes, "Don't hurt yourself." I'm not sure if I was looking especially masochistic or if it somehow had to do with the fact that my nachos were larger than Stone Mountain, but it was pretty amusing.

I met my old boss, Kurt, at Starbucks tonight. It was honestly a night I will not forget for a long time. We talked about everything under the sun and it felt great. We touched on all different topics and it was just incredible. I felt so energized walking out of there. He truly is an amazing person who has worked hard and played hard. Wow - He just emailed. STRANGE! Anyways, he is a great mentor and a great friend. Enough sappiness there.

I wrote the most incredible essay last week and put the finishing touches on it a few days ago. It took a few days for me to remove myself from it, but I am actually very proud of the accomplishment. I think the book on creative immersion really helped me get there. I wrote it during a time of vulnerability and didn't worry about its purpose as I wrote it. It turned out to be pretty freakin' amazing if I do say so myself.

Finally, I received a newsletter in the mail the other day and was surprised to read my article. I mean, I knew it was going to be there, but it was a lot better than I remembered. Yes, I am tooting my horn right now, but I feel pretty successful. Cocky, anyone? :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment