Saturday, June 20, 2009

This is pathetic

Hellooooooooo. Well, today had an interesting start. I was heading to Midtown to meet a friend for a goal-planning session. I was on GA400 approaching the toll plaza, fumbling in my purse for 50 cents. As I neared the plaza, I pulled off on the side of the road because I was having a hard time finding the appropriate amount of change. After I emptied my purse and scoured the car for loose change, I only had 46 cents. I was so annoyed because, at this point, it was too late for me to take a different route considering the toll booth was just up ahead. Anyways, I pulled up and said, "This is pathetic, but go ahead and ticket me because I only have 46 cents." You could tell the lady agreed that I was pathetic and told me just to give her the 46 cents. What a sweet, sweeet lady.

Then, when I got to the coffee shop, I saw a girl get in her car and start to drive off with her cup of coffee on top of the car. I honestly watched it happening and was kind of suffering from the bystander effect. I mean, I thought about getting out of my car and trying to hurry to say something, but I was also slightly amused. She started backing out with it still on the car, and then thankfully a better samaritan ran and waved her down and handed her cup in the window. Then, I turned and saw a woman lose her balance on her bike and fall off. She was able to catch herself by holding on and made it off the bike landing on her feet. I felt like a cameraman was watching to see if I am a helpful citizen or something. Apparently I'm not.

I had Mexican food twice today. I seriously ought to calm down. I'm starting to concern myself a little because I have an addiction. Oh well. I haven't eaten at home lately, so it makes sense to eat my favorite type of food if I'm paying to go out to eat. TAKE THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment