Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pain now...beer later.

I just got home from watching my brother-in-law, sister and sister's friend run in the Atlanta marathon. What a morning for it! It's the coldest morning we've had all year, I think, and it's starting to get a little wet from Hurricane Sandy. Brr! Several of us were there holding signs, and it was fun to cheer for the runners. We definitely amused ourselves!

The Falcons play the Eagles today in Philadelphia. The Falcons are actually the underdogs, but I have a good feeling about it. I think it has already started raining in Philadelphia from the storm, so it might get pretty messy today. I wore my Falcons hoodie to the marathon and waved a Falcons flag, so that's got to bring the team some good luck. Goooo Falcons! The Eagles are 13-0 coming off of bye weeks under this coach, but every streak must come to an end.

One of my best childhood friends (KZ) got married two weekends ago, and it was a blast. The wedding was in Rome, which is quite a beautiful little town. It was so low-key and full of awesome attendees. The ceremony went off without a hitch. I was responsible for carrying the groom's ring, which was somewhat nerveracking, but I made it to the vows without losing it! I only have one more wedding to attend this year, and it's my cousin's (EJ) next weekend. Until next spring...

My doctor's appointment went okay the other week. I ended up getting put on oral antibiotics, and I go back in about two weeks. I'm not surprised it wasn't my best, but I thought it would have gone slightly better than it did. You win some; you lose some!

Yesterday, when getting dog food at PetSmart, I saw a little jester collar and hat on sale for $1.97. Of course I had to get it for Noodle, and I had her wear it for much of the day yesterday. I think the collar might be the key to the Falcons' victory today. I like the sound of the little jingle bells on it. Aww!

Well, I hope the Falcons make me proud today. Rise up!

No comments:

Post a Comment