Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Back that thing up

Well, well, well... To address the elephant in the room, the Braves lost the stinkin' playoff game. They made three errors that gave up five unearned runs. Painful. They lost their best scoring opportunity on a pop-up to left field, on which the umpires absurdly applied the infield fly rule. The horrid call got a lot of air time, and the remainder of the game was played under protest. It wouldn't be Braves baseball without some insane drama! Despite the loss, I'm glad I went.

I was supposed to go to the doctor on Monday for a check-up and my annual labs, which meant fasting since Sunday night. When I was getting ready on Monday morning, Noodle took it upon herself to open a cabinet and find the only chocolate that exists in the house. In addition to half of a huge chocolate bar (ahem, dark chocolate, the worst kind for dogs), she ate an entire bag of craisins.

I obviously started freaking out about the chocolate, and my friend (IK) gave me a recipe for a potion to make her throw up. At this time in the saga, it's literally impossible for me to make it to the doctor on time. She drank one dose and I could tell she wanted to vomit, but she was holding it back. I whipped up another dose, but she'd realized it was awful by this point, so I tried adding some peanut butter. Not thinking, I ate a fingerful of peanut butter, accidentally breaking my 12-hour fast. After this, I just threw in the towel and canceled my appointment all together.

When she threw up, boy, did she throw up! Tons and tons of it. The only casualty I suffered was one rug. If you were to make a baked bean and craisin casserole... TMI.

I am slowly injuring every player in the NFL through my fantasy football efforts. I have now injured my back-up running back's back-up. This one was season-ending. In case you aren't following, I'm now on my fourth different starting running back for one slot. Quite impressive, if I do say so myself. I'm 3-2 for the season, so I could be doing much worse given all of my injuries.

I'm sure I have more to say, but I'm very tired. The Falcons are 5-0, which is AWESOME!!!!!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment