Friday, October 5, 2012

It's Wild-Card Friday!

Go Braves!

Tonight is a big night for the Atlanta Braves. After a dramatic season (What's new!?), the Braves will compete in the first-ever one-game Wild-Card playoff tonight. (Lots of hyphens there!) The Braves were playing incredible baseball at the end of the regular season (minus the games that they didn't use their starters), so I am excited to see what's in store.

Speaking of Atlanta sports success (You don't hear that often...), the Falcons have started the season 4-0. There were several too-close-for-comfort games, but they've put together a really solid team this season. I went to the Monday Night Football game against the Denver Broncos a couple of weeks ago. What a game! I somehow ended up in the most obnoxious section ever, but it was still a blast. (By obnoxious, I mean that the fans felt the need to yell ignorant commentary on everything, the boyfriend and girlfriend behind me broke up in the first quarter, the boyfriend proceeded to pass out with his knees where my head should be until the fourth quarter, etc.)

I went to Arizona last Wednesday through Monday. It was mainly for work, but partially for fun. I absolutely loved the weather out there. Supposedly we got there just in time for "cool season" of about 100-degree days, but I loved it. People were joking about how the "dry heat" concept was a myth, but I totally agree. I could be in the heat all day without feeling sticky and gross. The nights there were absolutely perfect. They weren't hot or cold; they were just right. (Goldilocks!) I would love to go back there. I stayed at an incredible resort called Montelucia. It was just as beautiful as it looked in photographs, which isn't often the case.

Well, I better get moving this morning.

Happy Friday to all...and GO BRAVES!

No comments:

Post a Comment