Monday, September 10, 2012

I'm sorry, Fred Jackson...

Well, this fantasy football season has started out drastically different than last year's. One of my key players got hurt after playing only one quarter yesterday, so my line-up is pretty much botched for the week. Maybe it will be good to get a loss out of my system, but OUCH! Technically I could still win, as I have a player playing right now, but unless he gets about 32,348 touchdowns, it's not gonna happen. I am ready to make some moves!

I have had a CRAZY few weeks at work. They involved a hefty chunk of overtime and some huge projects, but one of them was due today and, WHEW, it's done. One 260-page document later... FREEDOM! I am very satisfied.

Two weekends ago I was in Hilton Head for a wedding. It feels like it was about a year and a half ago by now, but I just got home a week ago. It was beautiful! The beach at Hilton Head was like something out of a movie. There were literally umbrellas every five feet, and it was so packed that you could hardly walk. It was cool being at a beach like that (It reminded me of the Where's Waldo beach picture.), but it was also kind of overwhelming.

The welcome dinner and wedding were great! They were extremely laid-back, which I absolutely loved. The wedding was in a gazebo on the lake. There were little (HUGE!) alligators swimming around. It was simple and beautiful.

I made a tie-dyed shirt by the pool at craft time.

There was also a celebrity golf tournament at the resort at which we were staying. By "celebrity," I mean people-whose-names-you-don't-know, but I did see Kevin from "The Office." The fact that I said "Kevin from 'The Office'" implies that I don't know his name, which is 100% true. Anyway, that was kind of interesting. We also went out to breakfast on the trip and I was asked if I needed a kids' menu, so... life is good.

Last weekend I went to a bridal shower where I fell in love with Bloody Marys. I also had an amazing breakfast casserole and some tiny muffins that were incredible!

I got a haircut yesterday, but it isn't noticeable or worth writing about. Disregard that last sentence.

Oooh, Saturday night my sister and brother-in-law (CRAZY!) had people over to watch football. They projected the game on a sheet in the back yard. (Yeah, c'mon!) It was so unbelievably crisp and clear and GIGANTIC. I am still fascinated by the thought of it. There was Rotel dip and burgers and cake pops in the shape of footballs! Man, food is exciting!

I guess it's time to call it a day. I feel like staying up 'til all hours of the night since I am free from that work project, but I think it's best for me to snooze.

Good night and good vibes!

No comments:

Post a Comment