Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A change will do you good

Well, I started my new job today. It's crazy to take the life you've known for so long (2 years, 8 months to be exact) and venture down a new path. Today was exciting -- meeting new people, learning new stuff, exploring a new building, etc. Yes, the information overload can be quite exhausting, but I know I'll be in good hands. It's funny because I'm resistant to change in some respects, but I love it in others. Cheers to new beginnings!

The biggest adjustment for me is the routine I'd come to know. Interestingly, though, I'd come to know a life without much routine. So, lack of routine was the routine. When I was working at Emory, I was in the office three days a week and at home the other two. Also, the start and stop times were very flexible in that some mornings I went in at 7 and other mornings at 9. That being said, it's crazy knowing that I need to get up at the same time each morning. It's good, though, because I think I was able to better regulate other areas of my life (like exercising, sleeping, etc.) when my days resembled each other. I didn't quite accomplish the exercising feat this morning (no surprise there), but I'm hoping to get in a quick workout in the morning.

I was at the beach last weekend and had a great time. The weather was beautiful, the company was amazing, and I just enjoyed every minute of it. As I've said many times before, the return-to-work-from-vacation day is usually about as tough as they come. It probably didn't work to my benefit to get home around 8:30 p.m. yesterday, so I imagine tomorrow might be a bit easier than today energy-wise. I also didn't drink any coffee today. What is the world coming to these days?

I guess it's off to bed if there's any hope I'll work out in the morning. I hope everyone had a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment