Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weeeeeeeeeee belong

I should probably be asleep right now, but I took about 2-3 hours of naps today, so I think it's fine that I'm up late (Yes, 10:30!).

Life has been crazy crazy crazy, but when isn't it? I don't even know where to start.

My sister's wedding is fast approaching. We've still got about seven weeks, I think, but the time has just flown by. Yesterday we went to her first dress fitting, and I spent the majority of the time fanning her because she was hot. She then stated, "I hope it cools down by May," which got a good laugh. I'm pretty sure it's going to be HOT outside by May, considering the thermometer has already hit 80 and it's March. That reminds me that I should probably check this week's weather; it's about time that it gets freakishly cold or blizzard-esque. Nevermind. It looks like tomorrow will bring a high of 80 again. I'm not complaining! Yet.

The CF walk is also fast approaching. I am a bit behind schedule on everything, but I'm going to kick it into gear this week. Hooray! I've had a handful of walkers sign up for my team so far, but I'm hoping to get some more! Just for recordkeeping purposes, my team is sitting pretty at $2,502 right now. My page can be viewed here: http://www.cff.org/great_strides/drew. Go Drew's Crew!

Things are going really well on the health front...knock on wood! I've been doing surprisingly well allergy-wise (I've attributed this to knock-off Zyrtec.), which is awesome...especially since Atlanta had a record-shattering pollen count of 9,000-something last week. The whole stomach fiasco is hopefully drawing to a close; today has been the best stomach day I've had in weeks. I had an endoscopy on March 12, and the doctor pretty much said my stomach was inflamed, but that he didn't see an ulcer. I had a good week or two, and then it really started bothering me again. Yesterday was a bad day, but today was a good day.

In case you were wondering, the mouse on my laptop quit working, so I busted out an old-school mouse that is attached to my laptop. Please don't lose any sleep over it.

I have been exercising, kids! It seems like lately I exercise in waves. I get in a good routine, and then I jack my back up or something along those lines. Then things get hectic for a bit, and I take some time off. Then I have another good week, and then I fall off the horse. (Is that a phrase?) Last week I decided I would keep track of the time I spent exercising, thinking that it would help hold me accountable. I knocked out a surprising 184 minutes of exercise, which makes me happy. I'm hoping to beat that this week. I'm already at 45!

A few things have happened recently that make me remember how precious life is. Someone recently gave a presentation at work, and she said, "When your head hits the pillow at night, you're the one who knows what you did that day." (I'm sure she said it more eloquently, but I didn't lose the message.) Anyway, I try to do the best I can every day, and, if I have a day that didn't quite measure up, I know that I don't need to dwell on it. Instead, I can use that as inspiration to do better the next day. Cherish the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment