Sunday, March 4, 2012

Marching forward

I'm blogging from my phone in bed. Yes, it's not even 9:30 p.m. and I'm about to doze off.

Unfortunately this weekend didn't consist of much catching up on sleep. I had a lot to get done, so I ended up staying awake until an unreasonable hour this weekend. This coming week is going to be a bit hectic, too, so I'm just hoping I can stay energized!

Well, to make a long story short, I reinjured my back right before I left for Cancun 11 days ago. The doctor put me on an anti-inflammatory medication that gave me a stomach ulcer while in Cancun. If anyone is thinking, 'Hey, didn't you experience an unusual and random health occurrence last time you left the country,' then you are correct. I have improved significantly since I returned home. But ouch!

Cancun was a blast, though. One of my favorite experiences was the spa. It was much less awkward than the spa in the Dominican, for those of you who know that story. There was this freezing cold tub to jump in before the hot tub, and it was unreal. The water was about 55 degrees. I was in so much pain! It was the biggest thrill of the trip, I'd say. I've never experienced anything like it.

One other random trip fact before I fall asleep... Before the flight there, they made us fill out emergency contact forms. Weird, huh? Maybe it's a new international policy or something, but it felt very field trip-like. And a bit unsettling.

Well, I'm gonna shut these silly, watering eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment