Saturday, April 27, 2013

Another year!

Happy not-birthday to me! Yesterday was my birthday, and it was a simple yet wonderful day. I took the day off of work, which has become a tradition of mine. I got up relatively early so that the day would feel as long as humanly possible. I fixed breakfast, drank coffee and caught up on some pointless TV shows.

I met a friend (KZ-turned-KB) for lunch. We had Mexican, of course, which was delightful. After lunch, I went for a birthday run outside.

RA left work early so that we could go get massages. It was honestly one of the best massages I’ve ever had. (I feel like I say that every time.) The massage therapist asked when I last had a massage, and I told him it was about a month ago. He responded, “Wow, you must be under a lot of stress.” Ahem. We then hurried to freshen up before dinner.
For dinner, we went to an amazing restaurant called TOP FLR. I had never heard of it, but I have been spreading the word ever since. It was absolutely amazing! A cheese tray was involved, which is the way to my heart. I also had some of the best macaroni and cheese ever created. Oh man! I am salivating just thinking about it again.
 
After dinner, we headed to Marlee’s Coffee. Every other Friday, there is one of those BYOB painting things, which I had always wanted to do. It was so much fun! We had a bit of a competition going on with our paintings. I’ll let you judge for yourself, but please make sure to look closely at the leaves. (Disregard the “Terri” painted on the left one. That was a pseudonym.)


I also set a fundraising goal for my birthday, and my team blew it out of the water. Drew’s Crew is amazing!

Thank you to everyone who made my day special!

No comments:

Post a Comment